Presumed Dead

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Presumed Dead

BIPHA Nationals Report

f1shface
    f1shface
    Admin

BIPHA Nationals Report Empty BIPHA Nationals Report

Post  f1shface Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:34 am

I was woken up at 5:30 and started packing my clothes and kit into their respective bags grabbed some toast before jumping into the car for the hour long journey to Rotherham. I didn't manage to get any sleep in the car which was a probably a bad thing. I arrived at the rink at 7 and most of my team also turned up at the same time. We all stumbled into the changing room and got kitted up then pissed around on the rink till our first match at 8 against Camarthen.

We were all tired and played shit against them and finished with a 3:3 draw the fact that one of our players got 14 minutes worth of penalties meant we were 1 player down for a period, each game consisted of two 15 minute periods. We didn't have much time to rest for our next game was at 9:20 against Bangor (Ireland) again we played awfully winning 4:2 but no penalties. We got a nice long break after that one with our next match at 1:20 against Norton, the favourites to win the nationals.

We played our best losing only 4:0 but we were soon back to our awful playing losing 6:2 to Glossop after beating them twice in the North West league. That concluded our matches for Saturday.

We all set off for the hotel which the whole team was staying at and went out for a Chinese buffet where we found that cubes of jelly look a lot like ice cubes in other peoples cokes and that if you add ice cream to the mix it has similar properties to mentos. Oh and people don't like it if you knock their glass off the table. Then we returned to our rooms to get some sleep before we had to play Cardiff at 11 the next day.

Again we turned up at the rink at the same time and got kitted up more awake this time for the match. We skated to our bench and talked tactics because Cardiff were also highly favoured to win the nationals. We again lost but it was only 3:0 and 2 players didn't turn up till the second period.

It was enough to get into the quarters where we had to play play the number 1 seed, Norton. It was our closest game and we were losing 3:2 till the last five minutes when some players made some silly mistakes and we conceded 2 goals.

*UPDATE* Norton beat Cardiff 2:1 in the final to win the nationals.